"In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun." -Mary Poppins

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Will I have vegetables soon?!

Well, the weather has gotten much warmer and my plants are getting much bigger! In this pic you see (from the right) a cherry tomato plant, a beefsteak tomato plant, two jalapeno pepper plants (in the middle back), a zucchini squash seedling recently planted and coming up (in middle front), another cherry tomato, and a vinca vine with basil coming up, then my hanging basket. :)

All is still growing well... I can't believe I've kept them alive from tiny seeds! However, my current concern is that the tomato plants do not have any yellow flowers (showing fruiting) yet... and they should be about now! So I'm going to try a few things I've heard may help (stressing them by watering much less, tomato food, etc.) Will I have vegetables soon?! We will see!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment