"In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun." -Mary Poppins

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mid-May Updates

Surprisingly, my plants are alive and thriving! The tomato plants are about 8-10 inches high... I will be amazed and ECSTATIC if I can get them to yield tomatoes this summer!

The most recent book I've started is The Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan (first of the Percy Jackson series). I didn't think greek mythology fiction would appeal to me, but I am enjoying the read. Plus Rick Riordan just won a Mark Twain award this year and was voted one of the best author's by young readers, so I figure I need to get in the game here and see what he's about.

*sighs* My P90X routine has seemingly slipped into oblivion. But not to worry, I will pick it back up. I really liked the work-out while I was doing it everyday and it's definitely something I want to continue.

Also, I've been doing a few crafts here and there. Still have yet to begin the apron, but I have made two wreaths for Mother's day last week. They turned out super cute and surprisingly simple!

That's about all the updates I have! Let's see I covered my patio garden, books, fitness, projects, oh so HEALTH and BIBLE READING! I've still been incorporating lots of fruit and vegetables into our daily meals and loving it. Last night we had grilled pineapple (Mmmm...) with grilled chicken! And Bible Reading is going well as I am teaching the K-1 class at Eastside. That's a whole other story...but it's going well ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment