"In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun." -Mary Poppins

Friday, February 11, 2011

Friendly smile in every aisle!

Gotta love Hy-Vee! Ok so I did some grocery shopping today and am very pleased with the outcome!

Here's what I got:
  • Grade A eggs [free!]
  • 6-7lbs Chicken Leg Quarters
  • 2 rolls Farmland Sausage
  • Bread
  • Organic Milk (that's right, Justin and Kelly would be proud!)
  • Organic blueberries
  • Organic apples
  • Organic mushrooms
  • Asparagus
  • Onions
  • Baby carrots [free!]
  • Brown rice
  • Organic green tea bags [most expensive item]
  • Organic Flaxseed
I paid around $30 which I think is a great deal for mostly all produce and organic items. These things can be very pricey, but if I run across good deals I will buy natural. For instance, the organic apples were .77/lb which was the same price as the same non-organic apples. VERY good price! This still puts me way below budget for monthly groceries, because we will not need hardly anything else for a month! I got quite a bit of each item, and most all of what I got is freezable and will last for very many meals.

Here's to eating healthy, wholesome meals!!! Doing good so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment