"In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun." -Mary Poppins

Friday, February 11, 2011

Other Goals Defined:

Christian Walk:
  • My goal is to read the Bible daily and try to complete a "year-long" reading plan. I will be using the plan from BibleStudyTools.com which is linked from the "Christian Walk" button. Other goals include daily prayer and reflection, and other personal 'daily walk' goals that I will strive for and sometimes update on this blog.
Sewing:
  • Well, my mom got me a sewing machine for Christmas...so I need to put it to use! I haven't sewn in a while (psh, since high school!) so it will take me a bit to relearn some basics. But my first goal is going to be an apron, which I already have the pattern for, and we'll go from there. Also have some basic stitching and mending to catch up on! I will post pictures of my progress on my self-created website linked from How's it Sewing? above.
Books:
  • My goal is simply to read at LEAST one fiction and one non-fiction book a month. Should be easy, but with school work and everything else going one...reading usually takes the backseat. I will be using Shelfari to keep my virtual bookshelf of the books I read in 2011!
Fitness:
  • So I made a declaration to begin P90X, which I am planning to officially begin Monday, February 14th. Happy Valentines Day, haha. So embarrassing but yes I will be keeping track of my progress by making myself "check-in" and update every couple weeks on my YouTube account. Don't laugh. (ok, you can laugh.)
Eating Right:
  • This goal was defined in full on a previous post, but again, this is just to make sure I incorporate some great power foods to our diets and really keep track of what we're putting into our bodies. I love, love, LOVE the LiveStrong.com site for keeping track of what I eat daily...as well as my other goals! Great, organized site...and I surely do love organization :)

1 comment:

  1. LoveLoveLove Mockingjay... and thanks for sharing shelfari. I have been using good reads at the bottom of my page, but like have the visual effect of shelfari. Good luck with all your goals!

    ReplyDelete